Thursday, October 31, 2013

Day 31: Sunset



Wow! I can't believe it's been 31 days already and now the end of this photo challenge. This photo #nofilter was the very first sunset that we watched after Mary passed away. This was in one of our favorite spots to watch the sunset over Lake Michigan. It was so beautiful! I know that Mary made it extra special for us and for Walt's very first sunset. As I watch the leaves fall and the sun set on another day, I am reminded that it is just one day more that I am away from Mary. Someone reminded me, however, that I am also one day closer to seeing her again... And that is something I can be excited about. This photo challenge has been incredibly healing for me. I'm going to miss it. It was a chance for me to show all the love I have for Mary and just how much she means to me. I miss her every day and every day is filled with different challenges. This photo challenge helped me to capture that and forced me to say the things I couldn't say. I appreciate the kindness and understanding as I opened up about losing Mary this month. She is my baby girl and every day is difficult without her but the love we receive from family and friends helps, even the slightest bit, to ease some of the pain. 
"I'll find you in the morning sun
And when the night is new
I'll be looking at the moon
But I'll be seeing you" I miss you. I love you, sweet girl! I'll be seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment